Project Controller – Systems Optimization
Sapere is hiring a Project Controller with strong communication skills to support project delivery of multiple projects in collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders. The Project Controller is responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules in an Integrated Master Schedule P6 environment, developing and maintaining project documentation, assisting project managers and teams by highlighting project delays and resource issues for weekly reporting, communicating upcoming milestones, and providing input to schedule management and recovery strategies. US Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in a scheduling and/or project controls role developing and maintaining schedules for construction projects
- At least two years using P6 to support project management efforts
- Capable of schedule analysis and comfortable reviewing and updating schedules live with project teams and evaluating impacts of changes to critical path and key resource demand.
- Capable of coordinating schedule inputs from multiple sources, identifying conflicting information, and gaining consensus among impacted parties.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, visual, and reporting writing methods
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Teams
- Ability to work with a team in planning and scheduling a construction project.
- Develop achievable, resource loaded integrated schedule including critical path for project, program, and contractual milestones
- Prepare project and program status reports based on current and forecast schedules; implement and maintain schedule change control
- Experience working on construction projects with nuclear safety requirements or Hazard category 1, 2, and/or 3 nuclear facilities
- Understanding of field construction operations and how a building is constructed, including logical sequencing of work
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders including project teams, management, field staff, estimators, work planners, and project sponsors.
- EVMS experience
- Active Project Management or Scheduling certification (e.g., PMI-PMP, PMI-SP, AACEi-CST, AACEi-PSP)
- Knowledge and understanding of scheduling methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Experience developing schedules using rolling wave (or similar) approaches to regularly incorporate updated information.
We have 2 work modes available for this position- work onsite at the client site in Livermore , CA or a hybrid approach.
Please be aware that this position requires US citizenship or ability to work in the US without sponsorship. Sapere requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to applicable law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . We read your cover letters! Tell us why you are interested in Sapere and why you would be a good fit.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sapere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Sapere does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against race/color, creed, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability, military service status, or other protected characteristics. Sapere complies with federal and state protections for prospective employees including, but not limited to the Employee Polygraph Protection Act and equal employment opportunity regulations.